5 Simple Steps To An Effective MARKETING FUNNELS Strategy Part 2
Step #2 Attract Your Ideal Customer
After conducting all your research, you have a better idea of your target market and who exactly you’re trying to attract.It’s time now to dive in and find your ideal customer.
Your task is to attract the attention of your potential customers.
You can do this by writing some great content, Using words they might use to outline some of their problems and things they may care about.
To Start off, write 2 to 3 excellent blog posts. Then, plan on adding to this every week. How many times you blog a week is up to you, but at least add One new post every week.
Next, you need to create a special offer known as a lead magnet. This is something of value that you offer visitors in exchange for their email address. This is important, since it lets you capture your prospects email address so you can now follow up with them, provide value and build a relationship with your prospect.
Your lead magnet could be a short report or video, something that will be of interest to your reader, might solve a problem they have or provide some valuable information not available anywhere else.
It’s also important that your lead magnet deliver on whatever you promised.
Now, in order to grab your readers attention, you need to use a headline that will capture their attention.
The headline should have at least three of these elements, to make it irresistible.
- Emotions (example Shocking, Inspiring, Surprising etc.)
- Type of Content (example a book, video or infographic, etc.)
- Topic Element (This will be your actual topic, example losing weight, driving traffic, dog training, treating diabetes, etc.)
- Format Element (Is this a Story, A quiz, A list Etc. If this is a list, simply use numbers, 5 Quick Ways to _
- A Promise (How to , Complete Guide to , Latest News, Improve Your , Increase Your , Reduce Your _, Etc.)
Here’s a headline example using the above elements:
Headline: 5 Surprising Ways of Reducing Belly Fat Fast.
Type of Content: Report
Topic: Reducing Belly Fat
Format: list – 5
Promise: Reduce Fast
The headline has to capture your readers attention, so it needs to be great. The better your headline, the more opt-ins and subscribers you’ll get – it’s that simple.
Below are a few headline templates to get you started
- How to Make People Line Up to [topic]
- How to do [topic] In Under X Minutes
- How to Avoid Looking Stupid When Asked About [topic]
- How to Skyrocket Your [benefit] With [topic]
- How to [benefit] Like [case study or example]
- How to Turn [topic] Into [benefit] Every Time
- How to Master [topic] In X Steps
- X [benefit] Techniques That You Didn’t Know About
- X Ways to Avoid [negative outcome]
- X Experts Reveal How to [benefit]
- X Examples of [benefit] from [case study or example]
- X Questions Answered About [topic]
- X Little Known Ways to [topic]
- X Tips on How to Avoid [negative outcome]
- X Underground Tips On Achieving [benefit]
- X Shocking Mistakes Killing Your [topic]
Once you have your lead magnet, you need to create a simple opt-in form or squeeze page to advertise your lead magnet.
Studies have shown that the 2 step sign up method converts better than the normal 1 step sign up method.
In the 1 step sign up process, people enter their email address and then click on the Download my free report now button to get access to the lead magnet offered.
Whereas in the 2 step method, people have to go to a 2nd step before they can get access to the lead magnet. Typically, they will click on a button that says Download your report now which then takes them to a second page that has a bar across the top indicating they are 50% done and they now have to enter their email address to access the report.
It might seem that two-step involves MORE work, But oddly enough it almost always converts BETTER than the one-step.
In this 2 step process, people initially think all they have to do is press a button, and it is only till they get to the second page that they are asked to enter their email address. But they’re already halfway done, so why not
It might seem quirky, but it works.
You’ve done your research, you’ve got a few blog posts up, you’ve got your lead magnet and opt-in forms setup, you know where your customers are, now it’s time to get in front of them.
We’ll cover a few ways to get you started in part 3 of this series.
Thanks for reading.